After your patient leaves the transplant center and returns to your care, your support is critical to your patient's long-term recovery and survival. We offer post-transplant care guidelines, which offer clinical recommendations for long-term screening, vaccinations and GVHD screening. These guidelines were developed in partnership with leading transplant organizations and based on peer-reviewed publications1-6.
Multiple Formats to Meet Your Needs
These free guidelines are accessible in multiple formats to meet your needs.Order print version
Patient-Friendly Version Also Available
A patient-friendly version of these long-term screening guidelines in patient-friendly terminology is also available. Patients can use this version to understand and prepare for follow-up care appointments.
- Majhail NS, Rizzo JD, Lee SJ, et al. Recommended screening and preventive practices for long-term survivors after hematopoietic cell transplantation; Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR), American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT), European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT), Asia-Pacific Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group (APBMT), Bone Marrow Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand (BMTSANZ), East Mediterranean Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group (EMBMT) and Sociedade Brasileira de Transplante de Medula Ossea (SBTMO). Co-published in Biol Blood Marrow Transplant, 2012, 18(3): 348-371; Bone Marrow Transplant, 2012, 47(3): 337-341; and Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther, 2012, 5(1): 1-30. Access
- Tomblyn M, Chiller T, Einsele H, et al. Guidelines for preventing infectious complications among hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients: A global perspective. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15(10): 1143-1238. Access
- Ljungman P, Cordonnier C, Einsele H, et al. Vaccination of hematopoietic cell transplant recipients. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2009; 44(8): 521-526. Access
- Filipovich AH, Weisdorf D, Pavletic S, et al. National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Project on Criteria for Clinical Trials in Chronic Graft-versus-Host Disease: I. Diagnosis and Staging Working Group Report. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2005; 11(12): 945-956. Access
- Mitchell SA, Pavletic SZ. Measuring the therapeutic response in chronic GVHD trials: An instructional manual [CD]. Silver Spring, Md.: Palladian Partners; 2006.
- These guidelines have been developed by the NMDP in consultation with Sandra A. Mitchell, CRNP, MScN, AOCN; National Institutes of Health Clinical Center; and Steven Z. Pavletic, M.D.; National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md. The information in these pages does not represent the official position of the NIH or the U.S. Government.