In this single-institution study of 50 consecutive pediatric patients (median age 14.9 years) transplanted for acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in first complete remission, high-risk patients and standard-risk patients had comparable survival. Thirty-six patients (72%) were classified as high-risk (HR) due to FLT3-ITD mutations, 11q23 MLL rearrangements, chromosome 5 or 7 abnormalities, induction failure and/or having persistent disease. The remaining 14 patients (28%) were classified as standard risk (SR). In a univariate analysis, there were no significant differences in overall survival between HR and SR patients: 72% vs. 78%, respectively (p=0.72). Relapse was also comparable in HR and SR groups (11% vs. 7%, respectively, p=0.71) as was transplant-related mortality (17% vs. 14%, respectively, p=0.89).