BMT Patient Navigators: Extending support and services to assist you and your patients before and after blood or marrow transplant (BMT)
The Be The Match Patient Support Center (PSC) is available to help patients with reliable information and support for their journey, from diagnosis through survivorship.
Staffed by Certified Patient Navigators with backgrounds in social work, nursing and public health, this team receives phone calls and emails from patients and their families and answers questions, offers support and connects them to the resources they need. Their support is free, and they complement the services you offer in the hospital or clinic.
“I work with a great team committed to helping patients every step of the way, from diagnosis, through transplant and survivorship,” said BMT Patient Navigator, Brenna O’Brien, MPH, RN. “Sometimes it’s just a quick question, but more often, people want to connect with someone who can provide emotional support as well as practical assistance.”
A wide range of services
- BMT Patient Navigators can help your patients and their families:
- Get one-on-one support to prepare for or cope with life after transplant
- Connect with in-person and telephone counseling
- Learn about transplant and the donor search process
- Get answers to their financial or insurance questions
- Connect with other transplant patients and caregivers through our Peer Connect program
- Access free educational materials
- Get tips for talking with their health care team
We support transplant nurses and social workers, too.
“As a former BMT nurse, I know that nurses and social workers do an amazing job supporting their patients and connecting them to resources,” said Brenna. “I also understand how heavy their work load is. I’m thrilled to have them refer their patient families to us. We’re also eager to share new resources and services to make their jobs easier while providing the very best in patient care.”
To learn more or refer your patients, contact the Patient Support Center:
- CALL: 1 (888) 999-6743
- LIVE CHAT: BeTheMatch.org/one-on-one
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time
- EMAIL: email@example.com