Continuing Medical Education Activities
View our new online education catalog for a complete list of courses and CME activities.
Earn credit and learn about the latest applications and advances in hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) through our continuing medical education (CME) activities.
On-Demand CME Activities
- Making AML therapy decisions at first remission: Is timing everything?
This case study-based activity identifies patient- and disease-specific factors used to assess the risks and benefits of post-induction therapy for patients with AML in first complete remission, including HCT versus non-transplant therapies.
- AML in older adults: Are outcomes age dependent?
During this case study-based activity, presenters discuss patient comorbidities, disease factors and assessment tools that influence treatment decision-making for the increasing number of patients with AML over age 60 who are considering induction therapy and consolidative HCT.
- AML risk stratification: Influence of emerging cytogenetics and molecular markers on treatment decisions
Learn about the prognostic importance of cytogenetic and molecular marker testing for patients with AML, and how results are used to develop risk-adapted treatment choices to achieve optimal outcomes for patients.
- Improving Sickle Cell Disease Outcomes: Treatment decision-making, curative therapies and overcoming barriers to care
Our panel of experts share in-depth data on the latest sickle cell disease treatment guidelines and outcomes, including new clinical trials and insights into shared decision-making between providers and patients.
- Pediatric Survivors After HCT
This case-based activity explores post-autologous and allogeneic HCT screening recommendations, including: risk factors associated with exposures and late effects, screening and assessment guidelines, and vaccination schedules.
- Obstetrician's Role in Increasing Patient's Access to Cord Blood
Learn how cord blood is used in transplantation, tools for helping parents decide to donate, as well as information on the proper collection procedures and process.
On-Demand CNE Activities
- Blood or Marrow Transplant for Myelodysplastic Syndromes: Treatment Options and Psychosocial Support
Learn about the advances in transplant options for patients with MDS, benefits of timely transplant consultation and quality of life considerations.
- Public Donation and Family Banking: Counseling through Cord Blood Choices
This activity discusses public donation and family banking perspectives for collecting umbilical cord blood, and how best to counsel patients through these decisions to donate or store this important biological resource.
- Coping with Chronic GVHD of the Skin and Deeper Tissues: Resources for Health Professionals
Learn about the signs, symptoms and diagnostic criteria for cGVHD of the skin and deeper tissues. The advances in research and ways for patients to cope with the impact on quality of life will also be addressed.
- Sickle Cell Disease: Treatment Options including BMT, Care and Support
Discover treatment options for patients with SCD, as well as barriers to care, including psychosocial care interventions.