Patient Resources and Support
We provide educational resources and support to all patients before, during and after transplant. We help patients considering autologous and allogeneic transplant and patients years after transplant, as well as their families and caregivers.
At every stage of transplant, patients have a lot to learn. Our free patient education resources are available for you to use with your patients, caregivers, and families. Every tool we create-DVDs, booklets, webinars and more-is designed to meet the unique needs of your patients and is reviewed by medical experts for accuracy and accessibility to ensure all patients get reliable information.
Explore Free Patient Resources
- View all patient education resources in the materials catalog
- Stage-specific resources address the unique educational needs of patients learning about, preparing for, or living after transplant
- Age-specific resources address the unique informational needs of children, teens/young adults and adults
- Translated resources meet the needs of non-English speaking patients
Your patients can also request these materials and access patient-friendly information by visiting BeTheMatch.org/patient .
New: BMT Journeys - Ordinary People with Exceptional Stories
This collection, curated by Be The Match's Patient Support Center, captures the depth of the BMT experience. Through 6 chapters and a foreword by Suleika Jaouad, stories of isolation, illness, healing, faith and resilience will offer your patients hope and comfort during their own transplant journeys. Request a copy from the materials catalog or view the book online.
New: Transplant Basics Series for Patients
Our new Transplant Basics series of short videos, a booklet and fact sheets is designed to help your patients and caregivers understand what to expect before, during and after an allogeneic or autologous transplant. The multiple formats allow you to help your patients and caregivers to learn in the way that works best for them. The free resources can be used alone or in conjunction with one another.
- Short, easy-to-understand videos use interviews with patients, caregivers and transplant clinicians to share their experiences, and animation to explain difficult concepts. Available soon in Spanish and on DVD. View the free videos
- The Transplant Basics booklet helps patients understand what to expect throughout the transplant process, and questions to ask as they consider or prepare for transplant. Download or order the booklet
- Our fact sheets offer brief overviews of the transplant process. They are ideal resources for patients who prefer to receive education in smaller pieces. Download the fact sheets
New: CAR T Cell Therapy Video for Patients
With two FDA-approved CAR T therapies and more in clinical trials, your patients may be looking for information on this new treatment option. Our CAR T Cell Therapy video provides patients and caregivers with easy-to-understand information on:
- What CAR T cell therapy is and how it works
- How CAR T therapies are made
- Who it may help
- What the treatment is like
- Potential risks and benefits
- Questions to ask their doctor
- Centers that offer CAR T therapy
View the video by visiting the Jason Carter Clinical Trials Program website.
Be The Match offers personalized and confidential support to all your patients-both allogeneic and autologous. We have a team dedicated to helping patients, families, and caregivers navigate the transplant process before, during, and after transplant. It's customized for their needs, when they need it most.
- Dedicated Patient Services Coordinators are available to provide one-on-one professional guidance by answering questions, sharing information and resources, and offering support.
- Peer Connect Program helps patients and caregivers connect with another patient or caregiver who has already been through transplant.
- Caregiver's Companion Program combines coaching sessions with a helpful toolkit to help caregivers of adult transplant patients stay healthy while they care for their loved one.
- Non-English Support is available to ensure all patients receive resources and information in the language they are most comfortable. Spanish-speaking patients can get the support they need from our trained bilingual patient services coordinator. For all other non-English-speaking patients we provide a free interpreting service in more than 100 languages.
You can print or order our Patient Services brochure to provide to patients. Or you and your patients can contact us to learn more about our educational resources and patient support services. Call 1-888-999-6743 or email: email@example.com .