Order HLA Today buccal swab kits for your practice
Here’s what happens after you order kits:
- One of our team members contacts you within a couple days to determine how many kits you need.
Receive your kits
- The kits and instructions arrive about one week after you place your order.
Swab your patient at diagnosis
- Use a buccal swab kit to gently collect genetic material from your patient’s cheek.
Send the completed kit to us for high-resolution typing
- You do not need to file insurance paperwork or wait for approvals for HLA typing because we cover the cost for patients and their relatives.
Request family member HLA typing if needed
- You’ll contact our team to request family member HLA typing.
Receive donor match report
- In seven to 10 business days, you will receive an email with your patient’s high-resolution HLA typing, an initial search report and a list of resources for your patient.
- Family member intermediate-resolution HLA typing results arrive separately.
Refer appropriate patients
- No matter the search report prognosis, we encourage you to talk with a transplant center as early as possible.
- Early consultation allows barriers to HCT to be addressed sooner.
- A transplant center can help you and your patient explore all treatment options beyond fully matched related or unrelated donors.