Patient Resources and Support
Address the complex needs of your patients who may need HCT or cell therapy
Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and other cell therapies are some of the most complex treatments a patient and their family members can go through.
Our Patient Support Center is here to take the complexity out of allogeneic HCT, autologous HCT, and cell therapy for your patients and supplement any support your hematology/oncology practice offers.
We offer all our patient programs and resources at no cost to you or your patients.
We aim to meet each patient’s educational, social and emotional needs across the care continuum—from diagnosis at your practice through treatment and return to your practice for post-cell therapy care.
Educational Resources and One-on-One Support
Blood cancers and blood disorders are complicated. Patients and their family members don’t know what to expect.
We help you close those gaps of understanding and reinforce and empower patients and their family members to understand their diagnosis, treatment options and cell therapy journey.
Patient friendly resources
We strive to make each part of a patient’s treatment understandable to them.
All materials—including booklets, a mobile app, videos, online content and more—are available at no cost to your practice or your patients. We use plain language and many of our materials are available in multiple languages.
View all patient education resources in the materials catalog.
Your patients can also request these materials and access additional patient friendly information by visiting BeTheMatch.org/patient.
Dedicated patient services coordinators
Our team engages directly with patients and their family members to break down non-medical treatment barriers patients and their caregivers face.
The team includes certified oncology patient navigators and BMT social workers who:
- Have experience supporting patients undergoing HCT
- Personalize support for each patient based on the patient’s emotional and socioeconomic situation as well as other unique challenges they may face
- Understand the importance of the patient and care team relationship and regularly connect patients back with their care team for questions related to their specific care
Non-English support is available
We want all patients to receive information in the language they are most comfortable. Spanish-speaking patients can get the support they need from our trained bilingual patient services coordinator.
We provide a free interpreting service in more than 100 languages for all other non-English-speaking patients.
Walking through the transplant journey alone is hard for patients, families and caregivers. Connecting with people who have been through transplant can help.
Our free and robust Peer Connect Program:
- Brings your patient and their family member or caregiver together with one of our trained volunteers who are transplant recipients and caregivers
- Matches patients, family members and caregivers based on age, diagnosis and other factors important to their needs
- Matches patients with recipients and caregivers with recipient caregivers
Sickle Cell Warrior program
Patients with sickle cell disease do not have equitable access to HCT and face complex barriers to treatment. Our Sickle Cell Warrior Program aims to increase patient access to transplant by:
- Providing early access to no-cost HLA typing
- Connecting your patients to transplant centers for consultation
- Supporting patients holistically through education, one-to-one patient support and financial assistance
A dedicated Sickle Cell Connect website serves as a resource hub for patients and their families.
Community hematology/oncology practices and transplant centers have told us patients often face a support gap as care moves from the transplant center setting to the community hematology/oncology setting.
We offer services to support patients as they transition their care from their transplant center to your community hematology/oncology practice.
Our survivorship program provides supplementary support to patients to help fill in gaps between transplant centers and community practices. This includes:
- One-on-one support
- Patient financial assistance
- Access to the My Be The Match app to track symptoms
Be The Match® Jason Carter Clinical Trials Search and Support
Searching for clinical trials can be time consuming. The information patients find can be difficult to understand. Our Clinical Trials Search & Support program simplifies access to clinical trials for you and your patients.
One-on-one support from a clinical trials navigator
A clinical trials navigator provides high-touch support for you and your patients. A navigator is available at every point as the patient explores and enrolls in a clinical trial.
The Clinical Trials Search & Support website is an easy-to-use, intuitive platform. It helps you and your patient:
- Identify open clinical trials for all benign and malignant hematology/oncology diagnoses, not just those for HCT and cell therapy
- Filter results based on your patient’s needs, diagnosis, phase of treatment, age and location
- Access educational resources about clinical trials and treatments that may be available through a clinical trial
Support for clinical trial travel expenses
We offer financial support for patients who must travel to a clinical trial. Our financial assistance program helps qualified patients pay for:
- Air travel
- Ground transportation
Put 35 years of experience to work for you and your patients
At the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP)/Be The Match®, our support does not start and end at the transplant center.
We are here to partner with your community hematology/oncology team and the patient’s transplant center team to provide individualized support from patient diagnosis through survivorship.
Our goal is to support you in improving your patient’s experience, outcomes and quality of life.
We’d like to discuss how the NMDP/Be The Match can support your practice and your patients. Use the form below to request a call. Our clinical operations partner based in your region will connect with you.